Morning pride 2/7
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals will determine the fate of Proposition 8 today.
- The Washington Post and New York Times have both written positively about an executive order enforcing LGBT nondiscrimination protections among federal contractors.
- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad’s administration will appeal a recent court decision allowing both members of a same-sex marriage to be named as legal parents on their daughter’s birth certificate.
- A Utah state Senate committee has tabled a bill that would have created employment protections for the LGBT community.
- A New Hampshire lawmaker is single-handedly funding much of his own campaign against marriage equality.
- Watch as an Atlanta gang brutally assaults a man outside a grocery store as they yell “No faggots in Jack City.”
- Bob Vander Plaats of Iowa’s The FAMiLY LEADER posted a lie-riddled video supporting a boycott of Starbucks for its endorsement of marriage equality, but the video has since been removed.
- Campus Pride congratulates young leaders making a difference on their campuses and in their communities.
- Daniel Radcliffe told Attitude magazine that he supports marriage equality for the sake of same-sex couples’ children.
- Watch a New Jersey Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg (D) talks with her grandchildren about passing same-sex marriage legislation:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1843