Morning pride 2/22
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Would President Obama veto a marriage equality bill?
- Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie (D) has said he believes the state’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and has filed court responses to support a lawsuit to overturn it.
- A New Jersey judge has reinstated a previously dismissed lawsuit challenging the state’s ban on same-sex marriage.
- Leaders in the Oklahoma House of Representatives have blocked a bill that would have implemented an extreme version of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” within the Oklahoma National Guard.
- A Georgia House subcommittee has tabled a bill that would have created workplace protections for all state LGBT employees.
- David Malone, the mayor of Portsmouth, Ohio told city councilman Kevin Johnson that his homosexuality is a “preferred lifestyle” and an “abomination.”
- Students and staff at Britain’s Exeter University are debating whether cross-dressing for sportis offensive to those who are actually transgender or gender non-conforming.
- A headline too bizarre and endearing to ignore: “Swedish farmer seeks companion for bisexual pig.”
- The Trevor Project’s new PSA featuring Daniel Radcliffe debuted during last night’s Glee. Watch it:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1894