Morning pride 2/21
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Rick Santorum admitted over the weekend that a same-sex couple with children counts as a “family.”
- Today is the last day proponents of Proposition 8 can appeal for an en banc review by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Minnesota’s Evangelical Lutherans stand opposed to that state’s proposed ban on same-sex marriage.
- Maryland Del. Sam Arora (D) missed his chance to flop back on marriage equality.
- Cheltenham has become Pennsylvania’s 27th municipality to enact nondiscrimination protections for its LGBT community.
- Where do things stand for Minnesota’s Anoka-Hennepin School District since passing its new curriculum policy?
- An El Paso church’s attempt to recall Mayor John Cook for supporting domestic partnerships failed because churches aren’t allowed to make political contributions to recall elections.
- Get all the details on Truth Wins Out’s protest of Exodus International’s ex-gay conference this weekend in Atlanta.
- MTV’s “It Gets Better” special airs tonight.
- Check out the Toronto-based Heterosexuals for Same-Sex Equality (HSSE) and its new “Gay marriage doesn’t threaten our marriage” project.
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1883