Morning pride 1/9
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- The FBI announced Friday it will expand the definition of rape in federal crime reporting, including men for the first time.
- The New Jersey borough of Chatham may be the first town in the country to have an openly gay, black Republican mayor.
- How accurate are “LGBT-friendly” ratings for colleges?
- Did the federal government waste $666,000 studying the effectiveness of praying away AIDS?
- The Bishop of Córdoba, Demetrio Fernández, believes there’s a secret United Nations plot to turn half the world’s population gay.
- Iran’s top human rights official believes homosexuality is a “disease.”
- Actress Kristy McNichol from the 1970s drama Family has come out and hopes to help fight bullying.
- The Good Wife’s Alan Cumming married his partner of five years in New York City this weekend.
- Ru Paul traveled to New Hampshire this weekend to make sure voters there understood that Ron Paul is a different person.
- Watch this heartwarming Army reunion and proposal:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1718