Morning pride 1/11
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Mitt Romney won the New Hampshire primary, followed by Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman. All of the candidates will proceed to South Carolina.
- In case you missed it: Watch Rick Santorum walk past a crowd chanting, “Bigot!”
- Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) has called for an investigation of anti-LGBT abuse against people trying to enter the United States as immigrants.
- The National Organization for Marriage has committed $500,000 to fighting same-sex marriage and its supporters in New Jersey.
- The DC City Council candidate the NOM has been supporting will no longer oppose DC’s marriage equality law.
- Baltimore County will soon consider a bill banning discrimination against transgender people.
- The mayor of Orange County, Florida has reneged on her support for creating a domestic partnership registry.
- Watch these eighth grade girls from Missouri speak out for gay rights and against bullying:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1738