Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- It’s inevitable that the Republican presidential candidates will get entangled in the effort by New Hampshire conservatives to repeal marriage equality.
- San Franciscans marched yesterday in remembrance of Harvey Milk, who was assassinated November 27, 1978.
- What might “full federal equality” for LGBT people look like?
- New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan says he and others were duped by state politicians into believing marriage equality would never pass.
- Ex-gay radical Greg Quinlan is claiming he’s the victim of death threats equality activist Wayne Besen never actually made.
- New Jersey state Sen. Jennifer Beck (R) has not only changed her vote to support marriage equality, she’s agreed to cosponsor such a bill when it is introduced.
- A Minnesota judge explains his support for same-sex marriage, based not on law, but on love, family, and understanding.
- HRC has launched the Jewish Organization Equality Index to measure LGBT-inclusion at Jewish non-profit organizations.
- A San Diego gay couple says they were called “faggots” by a United Airlines manager.
- A Texas court decision ensures that a transgender individual can marry — and divorce — someone of the opposite gender.
- Lady Gaga filmed an anti-bullying video to support a campaign by Canadian student Jacques St. Pierre.
- The Oprah Winfrey Network is launching a new show starring 11-year-old Jazz, who is transgender.
- How Australia prevents its gay citizens from legally marrying abroad.
- Does Israel engage in “pinkwashing”?
- Watch: Chaz Bono proposes to his girlfriend.
- The gay wedding issue of Archie comics has been revealed.
- Last week’s editorial cartoon from the Dallas Voice mocks Rush Limbaugh’s attempt to frame Jerry Sandusky as gay:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1494