Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Numerous members of Congress, government officials, and LGBT leaders gathered to honor the life and work of Frank Kameny yesterday.
- But despite Frank’s work, federal LGBT employees have not yet achieved full equality.
- Last night, the Massachusetts House of Representatives approved the Transgender Equal Rights Bill.
- A 10-year-old girl in Illinois has committed suicide after being bullied for looking like a boy.
- A transgender woman in North Carolina has won disability leave coverage she was initially denied for pursuing reconstructive facial feminization surgery.
- A Topeka Catholic group protested last night the City Council’s consideration of a domestic partnership registry.
- What if Rick Santorum had a lesbian daughter?
- For the first time, Brazil has granted residency to a foreign citizen based on his same-sex relationship.
- LGBT Advocates in Nigeria are warning that increased penalties for homosexuality will lead to worsening discrimination and violence.
- A transgender tween had the opportunity to meet her role model, Chaz Bono, on the Rosie show this week. Watch it:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1419