Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- An Iowa judge heard arguments yesterday from a married lesbian couple looking to both be recognized as the legal parents of their child.
- West Virginia is considering an anti-bullying bill that recognizes LGBT students as targets of harassment.
- Topeka Unified School District 501 is considering non-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Last week, hundreds of students at Essex High School in Vermont rallied against bullying to support their LGBT peers.
- Poland today swears in its first openly gay and transgender Members of Parliament.
- AfterElton looks at the way Hollywood often straightwashes bio pics.
- DailyKos highlights five vocal allies for marriage equality.
- Jamie Clayton is helping create important visibility for transgender actors and actresses.
- John Leguizamo is the Human Rights Campaign’s latest American for Marriage Equality.
- A new student-filmed documentary examines discrimination against LGBT teenagers in Colorado. Watch the trailer for Breaking the Silence:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1381