Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Rachel Maddow takes on the National Organization for Marriage’s use of photos from Obama rallies to promote their campaign to repeal marriage equality in New Hampshire. Even other anti-gay organizations are saying it was wrong to do.
- A new grassroots group has joined the marriage equality fight in Minnesota: Andrew’s Round Table, started by the parents of Corporal Andrew Wilfahrt, a gay soldier who was killed in Afghanistan in February.
- Attorney David Boies called the Proposition 8 lawsuit “frustratingly slow.”
- The Oklahoma City Council has deferred voting on a measure to create non-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation until November 15.
- A billboard company in Michigan is now running ads for the group Until Love is Equal, after a misunderstanding that the ads had been refused.
- GLAAD religious director says the biggest thing impacting Christians’ support for LGBT people is simply knowing LGBT people.
- Equality Matters highlights Fox & Friends‘s offensive squirming as they discussed Grinnell College’s expansion (not creation) of gender-neutral housing options.
- Brazil’s Supreme Appeals Court has ruled that two women can marry.
- Catholic leaders have told the Scottish health minister that same-sex marriage would be “harmful” to society.
- Columbia University’s Sexuality and Gender Law Clinic has secured asylum for a gay refugeefrom Mauritania.
- VIDEO: Chaz Bono has made his departure from Dancing With the Stars.
- VIDEO: Rosie O’Donnell has accepted Tracy Morgan’s apology for his homophobic rant earlier this year.
- Last night was DC’s 25th Annual High Heel Race. Watch the madness of this unique drag parade/race/promenade:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1304