Morning pride – 12/2
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Minnesota’s anti-marriage equality coalition has pushing quite biased “polls” using Google advertisements.
- An upcoming Air Force pinning ceremony will include the promoted colonel’s same-sex partner.
- The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals heard arguments yesterday in the case of Vandy Beth Glenn, who was fired from her position as an aide in the Georgia legislature for her gender identity.
- The mother of an Indiana student who committed suicide after enduring anti-gay bullying has sued Hamilton Southeastern Schools alleging negligence.
- LGBT Latinos/as break their silence through “An Honest Conversation.”
- The National Organization for Marriage seems to be giving up actually making a case against marriage equality and instead dedicating all their resources to playing the victim.
- A Republican candidate for New Hampshire governor is also the newest lobbyist for NOM.
- Right Wing Watch highlights some of the ways the religious right talk about AIDS.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is working to address the healthcare disparities faced by transgender patients.
- The Australian state of Queensland approved civil unions this week.
- The Church of Scotland has come out against same-sex marriage.
- Watch: A new ad against Russia’s proposed “gay propaganda” bans.
- The American Samoa soccer team has been led to victory by a transgender player.
- Tonight’s episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition will focus on anti-bullying and the family of Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, who committed suicide at age 11 after being bullied for being gay.
- NBC’s The Sing Off censored any mention of “LGBT” in relation to the work The Trevor Project does.
- Watch: A short film about what it will be like for dads who find out their sons are gay before they’re even born.
- Today’s editorial cartoon from the Dallas Voice highlights Newt Gingrich’s antiquated stances on LGBT issues:
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1535