Morning pride 12/16
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Meet Karen Golinski, one of several plaintiffs challenging the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Exxon Mobil is officially the first company to ever receive a negative score on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index.
- Could “exceptions on abortion” complicate The FAMiLY LEADER’s endorsement?
- Marcus Bachmann has stopped pestering Truth Wins Out over the $150 he thought he was due.
- A gay Republican in Branson, MO wants other gay Republicans to stop being “hypocrites” and come out.
- Anchorage will officially be voting in April on a non-discrimination ordinance.
- Mike Huckabee is now stumping for incredibly anti-gay Gary Glenn on his campaign to be Michigan’s next senator.
- The Media Resource Center thinks the media is too soft on kids who are bullied or who commit suicide.
- The former leader of a Boston-area HIV/AIDS organization has plead guilty to embezzling more than $100,000 from the non-profit.
- What does the future hold for the Human Rights Campaign?
- Watch as thousands of Toronto students pledge to resist bullying.
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=1630