Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too.
- Did President Obama show his support for marriage equality via a Facebook campaign ad?
- When the California Supreme Court considers the question of standing in the Proposition 8 case next month, it will be televised.
- Listen to Wanda Sykes talk about ex-gay therapy at last week’s NAACP town hall on LGBT issues.
- The trial of Brandon McInerney for the shooting of classmate Lawrence King has led to some emotional clashes between the families.
- Utah State University is conducting a study on LGBT Mormons.
- A new poll shows that a majority of Montana voters support allowing domestic partnerships for same-sex couples.
- Miley Cyrus has gotten a new tattoo of an equals sign on her ring finger to show her support for marriage equality.
- If you are a member of the LGBT community in Georgia, please take a few moments to help Georgia Equality by filling out a survey.
- Last Friday, the New York Times looked at the unique challengestransgender actors face getting roles.
- Over the weekend, 24 same-sex couples got married in “pop-up chapels” in New York City’s Central Park. Check out the full photo album.
Short URL: http://aworldofprogress.com/readingroom/?p=481