I don’t know if I would call it wonky to stand up there and lie for 90 minutes.
If you look for the headline online, you won’t find it, but it’s there in the print edition.
I’ll admit Obama wasn’t at his best, and if Romney had told the truth at all, I would give the debate win to him.
But he didn’t. Here’s just a sample, taken from the Daily KOS:
- When he claimed, “Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan.” They’re not.
- When he said President Obama had “cut Medicare by $716 billion to pay for Obamacare.” Obama didn’t.
- When he denied proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. He did.
- When he said President Obama had “added almost as much to the federal debt as all the prior presidents combined.” Not even close.
- When he resurrected “death panels.” That’s been called “one of the biggest whoppers of the night.”
- When he stated that half the green energy companies given stimulus funds had failed. Only if three out of nearly three dozen is half.
He stood there, smirking, and called President Obama a liar after telling dozens of lies about his policies and refusing again and again to offer specifics about his budget and job creation plans.
If you want to call than wonkish, if you want to call that winning, that’s your call; it isn’t mine.